Thessir
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paths

+2
destinydestroyer
Everlasting Empathy
6 posters

Go down

Paths Empty Paths

Post by Everlasting Empathy Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:00 pm

I'm planning to do some paths for some or all classes. Looking to hear your ideas.

Paths I have decided to implement or already have implemented:

Path of the Bloodcaster - sorcerer path that doesn't use mana, and gets stronger spells with higher constitution.
Path of the Summoner - wizard path with great emphasis on summons and conjuration.
Path of the Reaver - Fighter path with emphasis on anti-magic combat. Absorb spells, reflect them, breaching on attacks, etc.
Path of the Justicar - cleric path with great emphasis on melee combat, less spell casting.
Path of the Witchhunter - ranger path with great emphasis on killing undead and outsider creatures, complete with many abilities that aid in this.
Path of the Eldritch Knight - Wizard path with emphasis on melee combat.

Other paths worth consideration:

Path of the Blighter - Druid path with great emphasis on Curses, and evil spirits.
Path of the Savage - barbarian path with great emphasis on stealth and survivability.
Path of the Saboteur - rogue path with emphasis on explosive devices, traps, and chemical concoctions.
Path of the Windcaller - bard path with emphasis on speed and grace, conjuring wind, and potentially even flight.
Path of the Kensei - fighter path with great emphasis on precise melee combat. Does not use shields or twohanded weapons.
Path of the Necromancer - Wizard path with emphasis on -- you guessed it-- necromancy. This class can heal and even resurrect as well as animate large groups of corpses and various other things.
Path of the Avenger - Paladin path with emphasis on deadly attacks that destroy evil.
Path of the Bladesinger - Bard path with emphasis on offensive melee combat.
Path of the Warden - Druid path with emphasis on melee combat and defense.
Path of the Duelist - Rogue path with emphasis on defense, mobility, and strong counter attacks. Does not deal sneak damage.
Path of the Marksman - Rogue path with emphasis on ranged combat and crippling foes from afar.
Path of the Beastmaster - Ranger path with emphasis on summons/animal companions. The beastmaster creates a bond with his or her companion and together they are more powerful.
Path of the Pyromancer - Sorcerer path with emphasis on fire spells.
Path of the Warlord - Barbarian path specializing in crippling their enemies so they cannot fight.

Suggestions by DestinyDestroyer:
Path of the Beast - Druid path (renamed from Path of the Fang) with great emphasis on wildforms, shapeshifting, and animal companions. This path does not cast spells at all.
Path of the Healer - cleric path with emphasis on--duh--healing.
Path of the Juggernaut - barbarian path with emphasis on defense and health pool/resistance.
Path of the Archmage - wizard path with emphasis on focused spells. Only able to be an archmage of one school.
Path of the Warlock - sorcerer path with emphasis on dark power. A warlock grows in power while in service to another more powerful creature or deity, but their abilities change to match the likeness of the being they swore fealty to.
Path of the Virtuoso - bard path with emphasis on bard song and song-based abilities.
Path of the Brawler - fighter path with emphasis on hand-to-hand combat, and brute strength.

I am not sure on these, for a few reasons;
Path of the Backstabber - Not sure as giving an alternative to Assassin is what I want to do, honestly. I also don't feel like Rogue should be generalized as a "backstabber" class, in any case, even though they may have sneak attacks.
Path of the Sniper - I already thought about a Path of the Marksman for Rogues, maybe if I switched Sniper to being a rogue path and Marksman or something to being a ranger class. I was thinking about the rogue path involving Crossbows and guns rather than bows.
Path of the Ninja - I like this, but it may be the most troublesome of all classes to do. Already, sai's, quarterstaves, and shurikens are monk weapons and can be flurried, so I think instead of doing that I'll just add more sneak type abilities to replace the natural monk abilities. We'll have to see.

Still thinking of some more, and would like to hear any ideas you've got.

Last edited by Everlasting Empathy on Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:57 am; edited 15 times in total
Everlasting Empathy
Everlasting Empathy
Project Captain

Alignment : Lawful Good

Character sheet
Name: Seraphina
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Paths Empty Re: Paths

Post by destinydestroyer Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:23 pm

Path of the Fang - Druid path
Path of the Healer - cleric path
Path of the Juggernaut - barbarian path
Path of the Archmage - wizard path
Path of the Warlock - sorcerer path
Path of the Backstabber - rogue path
Path of the Virtuoso - bard path
Path of the Brawler - fighter path
Path of the Witchhunter - ranger path
Path of the Ninja - Monk path
destinydestroyer
destinydestroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Everlasting Empathy Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:26 pm

what do those do? Also;

Path of the Wild Fist - monk path
Everlasting Empathy
Everlasting Empathy
Project Captain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by destinydestroyer Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:43 pm

Path of the Fang - Druid path
Gives up Spellcasting for more powerful Wild-Shapes/Summons.

Path of the Healer - cleric path
Gives up offensive spell-casting ability for increased healing ability.

Path of the Juggernaut - barbarian path
Barbarian rage instead generates Bonus HP and Regen, but Decreases AC. [aka Hulking out.]

Path of the Archmage - wizard path
-'s to [STR and DEX] Stats but Bonus to Spell DC's.

Path of the Warlock - sorcerer path
Gives up spell-casting for Eldritch Blast and Various Spell-Like Effects as they Level up.

Path of the Backstabber - rogue path
Increased Sneak Attack Damage, Penalties to AC

Path of the Virtuoso - bard path
Increased Bardsong Effects, Can't wear armor.

Path of the Brawler - fighter path
Increased Fist Damage, gives up ability to wear armor.

Path of the Sniper - ranger path
Give up Two-Weap/Ambi and Imp Two weap for... Point-Blank Shot/Rapid Shot as long as wears Light Armor.

Path of the Ninja - Monk path
Give up Increased fist damage for the ability to Flurry of Blows with Shuriken, Dagger, Quarterstaff.
destinydestroyer
destinydestroyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Everlasting Empathy Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:05 am

Summoner and Bloodcaster are finished for the moment, and are in need of testing.
Everlasting Empathy
Everlasting Empathy
Project Captain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzynl Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:29 pm

Would love to see the warlock path as well.
Ozzynl
Ozzynl
Dungeon Master

Alignment : Chaotic neutral

Character sheet
Name: Anira
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Everlasting Empathy Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:24 pm

Warlock is going to take some work. It might be a while before I can fully implement it, so don't hold your breath. I might see if I can add a new spellbook just for them, because as is now even doing a sorcerer as their base class might end up being hacky.

It helps that warlocks work a bit differently in Thessir than they do in FR. Allows me more creative freedom.

I think for now I will try for Reaver next.
Everlasting Empathy
Everlasting Empathy
Project Captain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzynl Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:18 am

I know that arelith actually have a warlock path as well but instead of a new spell book they use a bard with there spell book. The bard loses song ability in exchange for a staff which has Eldich blast and other warlock abilities. Now for thessir why not do the same but instead of a staff use gloves to achieve the same? Script it so that with every level the gloves get replaced with a new one according to the higher level and.
Ozzynl
Ozzynl
Dungeon Master

Alignment : Chaotic neutral

Character sheet
Name: Anira
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Everlasting Empathy Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:32 pm

I wanna do actual spells, if I can. We'll see.
Everlasting Empathy
Everlasting Empathy
Project Captain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bobofwestoregonusa Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:28 am

So, I don't know how viable this is. I know scripting it sounds like a bitch but it's a concept in my head. Hope you like it.

EDIT: Changed references to spell slots to account for the mana system.

bobofwestoregonusa wrote:
Path of the Synthesist
<Fluff text to be added>

The Synthesist takes the bond between master and familiar to a different extreme. The Synthesist forges a bond with a particular outsider known as an Edilon, whom he takes as his familiar. This bond allows the Synthesist to cast arcane spells as a sorcerer, as well as take on the form of his Edilon and gain its properties, using spell like abilities, skills, and abilities as the Eidilon would in combat. A synthesist and his Edilon have a jelous relationship, and as a result, the Synthesist loses the ability to call any other aid using conjuration magics. The attempt to achive synthesis also carries with it a heavy price. For taking an Edilon, they Synthesist loses a great deal of spell casting ability.

Base Class: Sorcerer
Alignment: Any, Edilon must be of the same alignment as the Synthesist.
Abilities:
-Edilon Transformation: Using his Summon Familiar ability, the Synthesist takes on the form of his Edilon (which is chosen a familiar). This functions as a polymorph spell that only works once per day until canceled. This allows the Synthesist to wear the Edilon like a suit of armor, granting him temporary hit point, modified attribute scores, and other abilities and properties his edilon has. The Synthesist cannot cast in his Edilon shape in part due to the concentration required to maintain this form.
-Spell Siphon:The Synthesist may choose to sacrifice a spell slot for their casts per rest to regain a number of hitpoints equal to the level of the spellslot sacrified multiplied by their charisma score devided by 4.
Example: Frank sacrifies a third level spell slot (one less fire ball) and has a charisma of 20. He would gain 3*(20/4) hit points, giving him a total 15 hit points in return for his spell slot.
-Synthesis: As the synthesist becomes more powerful, he regain the ability to cast when in his edilon shape, however all spell DCs are decreased by -4, and his Caster Level is reduced by half. His concentration on the Edilon is so great that he cannot cast at his full abilitiy. (Legendary Ability 15+)

Gains:
- The Synthesist my select a special familiar that they can take the form of for use in combat that grows more pwoerful as they grow in level.

Loses:
- The Synthesist is unable to use any form of summon, planar binding, planar ally, animate dead, create undead, or create greater undead spell to summon the assistance of other creatures.
- The Synthesist gains mana at half the normal rate of a sorcerer their level as a result of their bond with the Edilon, the Synthesis requires such a sacrifice of power that he simply cannot cast with the same level of proficiency other sorcerer's have.
bobofwestoregonusa
bobofwestoregonusa

Back to top Go down

Post by HighTide Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:34 am

How about a straight-up Knight path for fighters?
Focus: Armor and defense of others, gaining aggro, being the target, using a shield to block Spells and Ranged attacks, that kind of thing?

a Tracker/Trapper for rangers?
Focus: Tracking, Trapping, Ambushing with a bonus to their trap DC due to their level.

or, hear me out on this...
Sorcerers that are similar to pathfinder bloodlines?
Doesn't have to be exact or use the same bloodlines, but Bloodline sorcerers would not likely have a familiar, but rather an ancestry to draw upon... Depending on the setting's particular sources of magic (Genie, Outsiders, Fey or just plain Leyline collision)
HighTide
HighTide

Alignment : True Neutral

Character sheet
Name: Aliana Loyalae

Back to top Go down

Post by Everlasting Empathy Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:14 am

PDK / Knight Commander

I was also going to make Taunt AOE for PDKs.
Everlasting Empathy
Everlasting Empathy
Project Captain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by boozybard Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:53 am

Not sure how possible this is, but...

Path of the Lancer:
A fighter path that gives massive bonuses while mounted, but mounts cant be used underground or in dungeons.

Path of the Cavalry Archer:
Same difference, but ranged.
boozybard
boozybard
World Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down