Thessir
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spells Suggestion Compendium

Go down

Spells Suggestion Compendium Empty Spells Suggestion Compendium

Post by HighTide Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:17 am

There's plenty of existing spells that are less than valuable. Just take a look at the list!
Before suggestions, please take a look at the current changes to spells already in place on the server. That said, do enjoy making your suggestions, I know I'll be having some fun with it myself!
HighTide
HighTide

Alignment : True Neutral

Character sheet
Name: Aliana Loyalae
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Spells Suggestion Compendium Empty Re: Spells Suggestion Compendium

Post by HighTide Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:26 am

Alright, first suggestions I'm making are based on three fairly similar spells; Shelgarn's Persistent Blade, Mordenkainen's Sword, and the infamous Black Blade of Disaster.
My suggestion is actually as follows; Rather than being a generic summon, I was wondering if these could actually be different levels of "Animate Weapon" spells, Shelgarn's being the least of course.
You would be able to use the spell on a weapon in your inventory, spawning it around your person, and when the spell duration is over, it drops the weapon on the ground where it was last attacking.

Shelgarns would be a very generic swinger, no real abilities, just use it and it goes out swinging.
Mordenkainens would be a bit more skilled, using tactical feats like Disarm, Knockdown, Called shot etc.
BBoD would be mostly as it is now; a scary blade with some nastier effects coming along with it.

I am no coder or scripter, but I would imagine this would basically spawn an invisible NPC and equip it with the targetted weapon until they die? That would mean you could pre-enchant a weapon since it would be taken out of your inventory for use.
Looking up pathfinder for Damaging Objects, it looks like any of these weapons would have a DR of 10 where one-handed weapons would have 5 hp and two-handed weapons would have 10 hp. Guess that would translate to the NPC summoned to hold them. I don't think they'd have much for AC, but I guess Mords and BBoD would have increased Parry skill if that matters?
HighTide
HighTide

Alignment : True Neutral

Character sheet
Name: Aliana Loyalae
Race: Human

Back to top Go down