Thessir
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what if...?

4 posters

Go down

So what if...? Empty So what if...?

Post by Susurros Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:15 pm

EE wrote:Mass Heal: Mass Heal heals for 250 damage. It doesn't scale because for a cleric to even get it they have to already be at the possible cap, so it's pointless.

I suppose there is no way of getting lvl 8 additional spaces judging by the no-epicness appearance of the world, but if that's possible on Thessir then a cleric can cast lvl 8 spells using for example a staff with lvl 8 spaces and wis 18+. Just saying cause maybe it wasn't considered yet.
Susurros
Susurros

Alignment : Neutral Evil

Character sheet
Name: Carrie
Race: Human

https://www.youtube.com/user/DMPumuki

Back to top Go down

So what if...? Empty Re: So what if...?

Post by Everlasting Empathy Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:46 pm

If there was such a staff, it would have its trade-offs and you'd only get it in a Legendary or Colossal dungeon. But you bring up a good point, yes.
Everlasting Empathy
Everlasting Empathy
Project Captain

Alignment : Lawful Good

Character sheet
Name: Seraphina

Back to top Go down

Post by Grell Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:34 am

In either case, such an item wouldn't be that strong in the hands of a high WIS lowbie cleric.

They might have access to a spell like Fire Storm or Mass Heal but without many Cleric levels the spell itself is going to be pathetically weak and any buffs will only last a couple of rounds. In the meantime they are unable to melee and might not have access to a shield (if hin or gnome).

The only "worry" might be Summon Creature VIII, and that's really not that frightening. Looks a little like a non-issue to me Razz
Grell
Grell

Back to top Go down

Post by Everlasting Empathy Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:07 am

I'll think about how I can fiddle Mass Heal into something that scales. Currently trying to get it to stack up to 250 in particular requires odd numbers.
Everlasting Empathy
Everlasting Empathy
Project Captain

Alignment : Lawful Good

Character sheet
Name: Seraphina

Back to top Go down

Post by DM Corruption Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:00 am

One thing to note is even if such a staff existed it would have a high gp cost, and we use ILR here like on sinfar - but set lower. Low level characters simply won't have the ILR value to equip such expensive items.
DM Corruption
DM Corruption

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum