Thessir
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champion of Torm - Suggestion

3 posters

Go down

Champion of Torm - Suggestion Empty Champion of Torm - Suggestion

Post by Aliris Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:23 am

I note that you're already making all the requisite changes, but figured I'd suggest this as well - maybe change the name of "Champion of Torm" to "Divine Champion", as this is the actual PnP class, and what the class was actually supposed to be, before Bioware got lazy and made a specific version rather than a general version (the 2da filenames even reflect this - "divcha" rather than "chator", etc). It's probably just an aesthetic thing, especially since there probably won't even be a "Torm" in this world, but I figured it's worth suggesting.
Aliris
Aliris

Back to top Go down

Champion of Torm - Suggestion Empty Re: Champion of Torm - Suggestion

Post by Grell Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:50 am

If we're speaking about moving closer towards the Divine Champion class, I've got another suggestion.

Since CoT's do not have to be Good aligned change Smite Evil to Smite Infidel, any alignment more than two squares away from your own can be smote (so a CG PC for instance couldn't smite a CG, NG or CN PC, but could everyone else). It also helps reflect the divide between Lawful and Chaotic deities who in some cases (Tyr and Sune for example) hate one another just as much as they do Cyric and Bane.

It would mean that a TN Divine Champion couldn't smite anyone but really they shouldn't have much reason to, TN deities are TN because they're apathetic, patronize fairly vague and general concepts (Knowledge, Nature, Death ect) and haven't got much motive to crusade against anyone.
Grell
Grell

Back to top Go down

Post by Everlasting Empathy Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:55 am

The visual change may not be necessary. Still hoping to add some kind of Smite Infidel feat for the Champions. They'll be able to take the class as any alignment. Trouble is, with the lore being the way it is, it may not even be necessary. Just buffing blackguard will work.
Everlasting Empathy
Everlasting Empathy
Project Captain

Alignment : Lawful Good

Character sheet
Name: Seraphina
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down