Thessir
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revision - Mechanics - Restrict Custom Weapon Resizing

5 posters

Go down

Builder only weapon resizing?

Revision - Mechanics - Restrict Custom Weapon Resizing I_vote_lcap33%Revision - Mechanics - Restrict Custom Weapon Resizing I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 4 ]
Revision - Mechanics - Restrict Custom Weapon Resizing I_vote_lcap17%Revision - Mechanics - Restrict Custom Weapon Resizing I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 2 ]
Revision - Mechanics - Restrict Custom Weapon Resizing I_vote_lcap50%Revision - Mechanics - Restrict Custom Weapon Resizing I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 12

Revision - Mechanics - Restrict Custom Weapon Resizing Empty Revision - Mechanics - Restrict Custom Weapon Resizing

Post by Raeburn Mark Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:42 am

Right now, anyone can make their weapons larger and smaller (to a limit) at the Tailoring model. This is a fantastic feature, to be sure, but, taking this out of the hands of the players may allow a greater variety of unique weapons. While appearances may not matter as much as somewhere such as Sinfar, where all weapons are crafted using their PP based weaponforge recipes, here in Thessir, we intend on their being a variety of weapons available to the playerbase of unique properties, from functional to fantastic. Perhaps different sizes of weapons can allow the builders to tailor make that special weapon to be extra interesting, to the point that new weapon ideas can arise?
Small Katanas = Wakizashi?
Oversized spears = Warpikes?
Bite size poisonous throwing knives
Small reference books
Mammoth spiked wooden clubs
Dainty needle-fencing rapiers
Gigantic brightly burning torches

Perhaps, I think, an exception can be made for the crafters themselves, who can make a weapon of the size they desire.
Raeburn Mark
Raeburn Mark
Nefarious Wiki Lurker

Character sheet
Name: Raeburn Mark
Race:

Back to top Go down

Revision - Mechanics - Restrict Custom Weapon Resizing Empty Re: Revision - Mechanics - Restrict Custom Weapon Resizing

Post by Skibbles Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:26 am

I voted no, but not because of the stated reason in the poll.

For me, personally, I usually sized my weapon depending on the size and strength of my character. For example, my warrior had a longsword and stood almost 6' tall so I measured her weapon to be just slightly larger so it was proportional to the size of the person wielding it.

I understand I'm probably in the minority with little nitpicks, but there it is!
Skibbles
Skibbles
World Builder

Alignment : Chaotic Snarky

Character sheet
Name: Mellisandra Blackmoon
Race: Half-Elf

Back to top Go down

Revision - Mechanics - Restrict Custom Weapon Resizing Empty Re: Revision - Mechanics - Restrict Custom Weapon Resizing

Post by Memory Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:40 am

I voted no; because generally speaking, giving players the freedom to size their own weapons is more fun per capita than the fun -lost- per capita with the occasional Buster-Sword. That's basically it. If it ain't broke,don't fix it - and if it turns out it's broken ,and every one is running around with micro nunchucks... Surely it can be worried about -then-?
Memory
Memory

Back to top Go down

Post by Raeburn Mark Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:50 am

Visually, increasing the size of the character, or decreasing the size of the character, does change the size of everything else, including accessories, cloaks, weapons, shields, helmets, et cetra.

I have always been somewhat on the fence with this idea, I think a lot of the decision making depends on where the server goes in terms of crafting and loot-finding and otherwise. I -do- want people to think about it, and I do want people to be in a creative brain-storming mindset intent on creating a atmosphere that encourages a fun and immersive experience. Questioning a feature such as this one will encourage all of you to make suggestions of your own that either question other grand-fathered features of the server, or suppose new content altogether.
Raeburn Mark
Raeburn Mark
Nefarious Wiki Lurker

Character sheet
Name: Raeburn Mark
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Exordius Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:27 pm

Definitely no! I like making my weapons just right and any removal of customization options would make take that away and thus make me less likely to play. Customization is why I play on sinfar/thessir. Very Happy
Exordius
Exordius

Alignment : Lawful Neutral/Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Everlasting Empathy Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:31 pm

I personally disagree, and do not want to restrict customization too much.
Everlasting Empathy
Everlasting Empathy
Project Captain

Alignment : Lawful Good

Character sheet
Name: Seraphina
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down