Thessir
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revision - Mechanics - Restrict Combat Animations

3 posters

Go down

Give Combat Animations Prerequisites?

Revision - Mechanics - Restrict Combat Animations  I_vote_lcap73%Revision - Mechanics - Restrict Combat Animations  I_vote_rcap 73% 
[ 8 ]
Revision - Mechanics - Restrict Combat Animations  I_vote_lcap0%Revision - Mechanics - Restrict Combat Animations  I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Revision - Mechanics - Restrict Combat Animations  I_vote_lcap27%Revision - Mechanics - Restrict Combat Animations  I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 11

Revision - Mechanics - Restrict Combat Animations  Empty Revision - Mechanics - Restrict Combat Animations

Post by Raeburn Mark Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:28 pm

I know I seem like a guy that likes to take a lot of the fun away, but, I was thinking, "We should take a lot of the fun away! I'll go make another suggestion."

Anyways, For those of you who don't know, there are a set of alternative combat animations IG. If you want to run around like a ninja, type !e ninja. If you want to float around like Magneto, type !e arcane.

They are quite cool, but being available to all I think may ruin some of the immersive elements of what is shaping up to be a highly immersive server. I want some of the less special ones to be available to almost everyone, and of course the restricted ones.... less so.

One idea could be to restrict them to access to certain feats, 1 feat per animation. But, I don't like that, so let's make the requirements all different! (Like unlocking characters in Super Smash Brothers)

Some brainstorming done in a matter of seconds:

!e demonblade10+ (hard ranks) in Intimidate skill AND Cleave
!e warriorClass levels in  Fighter/Ranger/Paladin/Blackguard/Champion/Disciple/WM
!e fencing17+ Dexterity (base score)
!e kenseiExotic proficiency or Weaponmaster levels
!e ninjaExotic proficiency OR 7 Rogue levels OR 3 Shadowdancer levels OR 1 Assassin level
!e barbarianBarbarian Levels or Orc race
!e flyPossession of wings?
!e tiger fangUnarmed weapon proficiency
!e sun fist5 monk levels 16 Strength (base score)
!e dragonpalm5 monk levels 16 Wisdom (base score)
!e bear claw5 monk levels 16 Dexterity (base score)
!e arcaneEpic Spell Focus? No idea.
What do you think, guys? Please come up with your own requirements if you like the idea of restricting them. These are just off the top of my head.
Raeburn Mark
Raeburn Mark
Nefarious Wiki Lurker

Character sheet
Name: Raeburn Mark
Race:

Back to top Go down

Revision - Mechanics - Restrict Combat Animations  Empty Re: Revision - Mechanics - Restrict Combat Animations

Post by Cortex Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:51 pm

I disagree because:
1. It's a semi-sandbox RP setting, limitations are input when people misuse features.
2. Bards can be shafted by this if they try to interpret something, for instance, a bard could use !e arcane and emote floating while he's being hung by near invisible lines.
3. I actually didn't know this existed till now and I want to use it now.
4. Appearance does not equals skill.

However, if restrictions are soft and enough perform allows you to use them, that wouldn't be bad.

Last edited by Cortex on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cortex
Cortex

Alignment : True Neutral

Back to top Go down

Revision - Mechanics - Restrict Combat Animations  Empty Re: Revision - Mechanics - Restrict Combat Animations

Post by Skibbles Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:52 pm

Great ideas. I agree and also further suggest maybe giving temporary flying to mages with an added spell of levitation. No real effect beyond RP or something.
Skibbles
Skibbles
World Builder

Alignment : Chaotic Snarky

Character sheet
Name: Mellisandra Blackmoon
Race: Half-Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down